Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Day at the Beach

We went back to Newport Beach on Friday. It was much warmer and the girls had a blast playing in the water and the sand.
Chelsea had gone to the pool earlier in the day and already had a burn. She was determined to get a tan she says to look more mexican!

My nephew Brendan loved the water. I caught this action shot of him almost losing his balance in the water.

My brothers and my daughters were determined to build a wall of sand that could withstand the waves. By the time we left it was no more!

Savannah building her sand castle

One naked baby on the beach! It was pretty windy that day, so my nephew Hayden spent most of his time under the beach umbrella.

David and Savannah building a fort around the sand castle.

Ariana and Savannah's creation. Ari was upset that the water kept soaking into the sand around their castle, this was the best we could do!

They had so much fun, but were full of sand!

3 comments:

Phil and Stacie said...

Looks like an amazing vacation! How fun to have extended family along, too--those are my favorite vacation memories from growing up.

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

That looks like so much fun! (And Chelsea did look tan when I saw her last night!) They are the perfect age for Disneyland too. I bet they had a great time!

Sarah & Eddie said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a wonderful vacation, and the weather looks so lovely in those pics!

You are more then welcome to link to my blog. I finally got it all figured out last night, so it's all still so new to me.