Friday, February 20, 2009

Calling All Girls Camp Experts

Well, I have been called as the 3rd Year Certification Leader at camp. I have only been to girls camp as a leader once and that was as a cabin mom. I NEED ADVICE! I have received some wonderful training, but could use some help coming up with some creative ideas for teaching the girls certification. The YCL's will teach the different areas, but I really want to make it fun for the girls. Any advice, comments, words of encouragement will be gladly accepted :)

5 comments:

hillari said...

Well I don't have any advice for you, but I t hink you'll do great! Sounds challenging, but fun. Good luck!

brookegfunk said...

You are a perfect choice! I am the camp lady for my ward and I am stoked-but ask me how I feel when I am up to my armpits in beehives!

Krystal said...

HAHAHA Good LUck! Ive never been to camp other than the two years I attended as a youth.

The Dominguez Family said...

Ohhh how exciting!
I saw in Sugardoodle.net they have some camp ideas under youth/girls camp ldssplash.com under callings/girlscamp mormonchic.com gospelchic/girlscamp
Good Luck and I know whatever you come up with will be good!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

You're going to be a great Level Leader! I was an assistant level leader before I was dragged into this stake gig and I LOVED it. Staying with the YCL's is the best. We put our YCL's in pairs to teach certification and then we met with them individually to make sure they were on the right track and NOT just reading from the book. We expressed the importance of not inducing coma's with their training and they really came up with great creative ideas. We found that letting the girls be creative was really the best b/c they relate to the girls more closely than we do. Meeting with them a couple times and having them actually role play the certification was really helpful to them and us. You'll find that all your work really happens BEFORE camp in getting the YCL's ready. Once you're there...it's a breeze! :)