Monday, July 28, 2008

Clement Family Reunion

How many men does it take to put up a tent??????

This past weekend we had the opportunity to go just outside of Flagstaff for our annual family reunion on my Mom's side of the family. My mom is one of 11 children. There are 64 granchildren (I thought there were 62, but I guess I lost count) and 110 great grandchildren, with more on the way. Talk about a fertile family :). We have had an annual reunion since I was little. We used to do it with my Grandpa's entire family, but the family became too big to fill just one campground, so we only do my mom's immediate family now. We always enjoy ourselves, but this year it rained alot, so we didn't get to visit as much as we would have liked, but we still enjoyed seeing all of our family that we don't get to see as often as we would like. My cousin Barbara has been my best friend since we were little. We have always been like sisters and said we needed to marry guys that got along. To make a long story short, she married David's best friend! We always enjoy our time with them. She is the one that taught me to drive a stick shift when we were teenagers. We still laugh about the night it took me 30 minutes to get out of her drive way and how I left her transmission in the middle of the road. It didn't help that my cousin Steve was in the backseat laughing his head off. Well at this years reunion they brought their 4 wheel joyner up and she took me for a ride. On the way back she had me drive, it is a stick shift and I am a little rusty, but anyways I had a little trouble at first and we laughed so hard all the way back. It brought back alot of great memories.
Cherish has been taking a summer computer class that our school offered this year, so she got to borrow the video camera to record all of the excitement.

My girls doing what they do best, laying around.

They played so hard that poor Savannah fell asleep in the RV.

Ariana was bored at first, but re-connected with her cousin Nicole and they were constantly by each others side.

Our poor little doggy got so tired, I think she enjoyed the outdoors, but definitely missed her life of luxury!

This is my brother's dog Daisy. They have had her now for over six years, she is the best kids dog. She loves the outdoors. The girls love to walk her, or should I say Daisy loves to walk them!

My nephew Hayden has got to be one of the happiest babies I have ever met. He is the mini me version of my brother Brian. I always tell my sister-in-law that Hayden brings back so many memories of my little brother Brian because I was almost twelve when he was born and I carried him everywhere and my Mom called me his second mother. There is a running joke in the family because when Brian was four I was sixteen with a job and he would always convince me to take him to the store, or to McDonalds and he would always say, "Charlene I never had one of those before,' and of course I would buy it for him. I told my sister-in-law that in following tradition I have to buy Hayden his first happy meal.

We always end our adventure at the Cracker Barrel in Flagstaff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. We used to go to family reunions like that when I was a kid. I miss them. We are having a reunion on Saturday for all the decendants of my Great Grandparents on my mom's side. I am looking forward to it. I wish it was in the mountains though unfortunatly it is in Queen Creek. We are glad to have you back by the way. :)

Kandice and Rob said...

What a nice trip! Laying around in a hammock sounds pretty good.

Brandi Jo said...

How fun to go camping with the whole family! I know those kind of things are hard to plan! We are leaving on Thursday for our 1/2 family camping trip. I am excited to get out of this heat!

The Dominguez Family said...

I love Family Reunions. We have a family reunion every other year with about 400 people.
Sounds like you guys had fun!

Amy O'Neill said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Love the story about you learning to drive a stick shift. I had almost the same experience! I thought I would never learn! And my parents would not let me get a license until I learned.