Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome to High School Sports

Chelsea is playing JV soccer right now for Tolleson High School. She just had her 7th game yesterday. I love watching my kids play sports, but had a serious dose of reality last night. Chelsea is a pretty aggressive player and last night she collided with one of the players on the other team. She did a flip in the air and landed on her right shoulder and head. I think my heart stopped for several seconds as I watched my first born lay there on the field without moving. I quickly made my way down near the field to see if she was ok. She eventually was able to get up and walk with assistance. The athletic trainer iced her knee and her shoulder and my Mom and I helped her get into the van. Wow, was she in pain! We got her home and after alot of ibuprohen (sp?) and a nice hot bath she was feeling much better. She also appreciated all the loving tender care from her Grandpa and Grandma. Anyone who knows my Dad knows that he will do anything to make sure you have what you need and that your boo boo is all better. Thanks Grandpa! I don't think I had mentally prepared myself for the possibility that she might get injured playing High School sports! In the words of my sister-in-law Julie, "Welcome to High School Sports."

8 comments:

Krystal said...

Its probably best you didnt mentally prepare to see her hurt, or you'd be a nervous wreck at every game. She is young and will heal fast. I'm glad she's doing so well at soccer (and didn't get hurt worse)!

Jessica said...

I am so sorry that happened. That would be very scary for a mom to see. And yes your dad is very sweet. He always makes people feel good.

Sarah & Eddie said...

Wow...that would totally freak me out. I have heard about oo many horror stories involving kids/teens in sports and it terrifies me. I am glad she is fine :)

Gardner Family said...

Yikes!!! Glad she's ok.

Meg and Russ said...

Charlene,
Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the cake. I too thought it turned out very beautiful! They looked like a very cute happy couple! The decorations were gorgeous you and others worked so hard! Your family is beautiful! I love your new family picture.
-Meg

Meg and Russ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dominguez Family said...

Ouch... I am glad she is okay. With two boys I am thankful that they have not seriously injured themselves. Hope it stays that way!

Kandice and Rob said...

I'm glad she's OK and that you didn't have a heart attack! You'll be bracing yourself at the next game, huh.