Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Adventures at the Wildlife Zoo

It's spring break for our kiddos this week and David also has the week off from work, so we decided to take the kids to the Wildlife Zoo. We also went with my parents and my brother Sean's family. They have added many extra features at the Wildlife Zoo and there is so much to do and see. The kids really enjoyed themselves and the weather was beautiful.

This is a baby spider monkey. It was the most playful and entertaining little thing.



I will never understand how they can sleep standing up on only one leg!


My brother Sean and my nephew Brendan

This is what a teenager does at the zoo !!!!


David feeding the giraffe



This little mommy monkey was the cutest thing. She just had this baby about three weeks ago. She was nursing the baby in the middle of the cage and we were all trying to get a glimpse of her sweet little baby and all of a sudden she walked over and proudly showed off her little one. It was the cutest thing. She is definitely a proud momma. My niece Rosie pointed out that the baby monkey has human ears :)



Ciera and my niece Rosie having a conversation, while watching the meerkats


My Mom and the Twins



Ariana was pulled in the wagon alot, she is still nursing a bad knee injury from her field day at school.



Cherish enjoying some of the wildlife



My Dad taunting the ostrich, she doesn't look too happy


The girls got to feed and pet the Lamas



The Lamas loved the dry leaves



The white tiger is beautiful

3 comments:

hillari said...

I love the wildlife zoo! We haven't been there for a while since I joined at the Phx zoo, but there are definitely things I miss at that one. Looks like everybody had lots of fun!

The Dominguez Family said...

We haven't been there since before Cy was born... (We go the phx zoo alot.)I loved the Giraffe feeding. Do they still have the huge avairy and you can feed the birds? That was also one of my favorites.
I think the pic. of Chelsea texting is funny. My niece is the same way...

Georgia said...

That looked like the best day ever! Hope you had fun!