Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Little Pioneer Girl is Home

Today we headed out early this morning to go to Heber, AZ to pick Chelsea up from the Stake Pioneer Trek. What a wonderful experience for Chelsea. She had many stories and experiences to share. I am so grateful that she made the decision to go. I had a lot of reservations as a mother and quite honestly I haven't slept well since she has been gone ( I worry way too much), I left the decision up to her and she wanted to go. She was very nervous, but David and Chelsea said a prayer the morning she left and I know our Heavenly Father was watching over her. I am so grateful for such a valiant daughter, who is such a strong young woman. I have been so emotional today, but I learned a great lesson in faith this week.


The "troops" waiting for the pioneers.

Orlo and Sheila Knight, who are from our ward, they were one of the Ma's and Pa's. What an awesome couple. Sheila come over and gave me a big hug, we were both so emotional!

Chelsea is in the middle helping to pull their handcart. This was her family.


Rachel Clark and her family

We were all so excited to see each other!


I cried so hard as I watched my daughter come in pulling her handcart. She looked like a true pioneer. I couldn't have been more proud as a mother. She was sunburned and dirty, even her eyelashes were dusty!!


There was a lot of youth from the stake that attended the trek. It truly was an awesome experience and I am so grateful that we had the opportunity as a family to go up and greet our pioneers as they came home just as our ancestors greeted each other after their long journey.


Chelsea and her friend Celina


5 comments:

hillari said...

That really sounds awesome! I hope the stake does that again sometime.

Krystal said...

I am so glad she went!!!

The Dominguez Family said...

Glad to hear she is back home safe. It sounds like it was an awesome experience!

Gardner Family said...

Last year was Hallie's first year at girl's camp. That was hard. Hallie and Hannah both have been on overnight school trips, too. I don't know if I'll ever get used to them being grown-up enough to go away. I'm a nervous wreck the whole time they are gone.
Bless your heart.

Edna Guerrero said...

Hy.. I happened to find your blog by blog stalking some one elses blog. :)