Monday, July 6, 2009

California or Bust.........

We had our second annual Locksa family reunion. This year the entire Locksa family was able to attend. My Dad rented a house in Irvine, California. We are not a big "camping" family, so our reunions consist of beaches, beaches and more beaches :) The house he rented had a built in pool and jacuzzi. The girls went swimming every day! The water in the pool was pretty cold because the high in Irvine was never above 80, but my little fishes would just jump in. I was only brave enough to go in the jacuzzi. We had so much fun together. We went to Goofy's kitchen, Disneyland, the beach and of course we went shopping! It was great to have the whole family together, especially all 12 grandchildren!


My youngest nephew screamed when we put him in the pool, so he mostly stayed in the jacuzzi.

Goofy's Kitchen was a blast. Here are all 12 grandchildren.

The "teens" chatting before breakfast.

My niece Emalisa dressed up like her favorite character Sleeping Beauty in hopes that she might see her idol. Her dream came true and she met her idol, she was soooo excited!

Girls being girls!

Our family

My parents

I think Chip was telling secrets to Celeste and Ariana

Goofy and his biggest fan Cherish.

My nephew Hayden wasn't so sure about all these crazy characters.

Everyone dancing with Goofy.

Goofy, seriously attacking me!

Vanesa this ones for you!

Celeste, Goofy, and Ariana

Goofy, Savannah, Isabel, Ciera, Brendan and Cassy in the background.

Sleeping Beauty, Ciera and Savannah

Hayden wasn't so sure about all the characters, but he didn't mind Sleeping Beauty!

We also had the opportunity to eat at the restaurant in Disneyland that is in the Pirates of the Carribean ride. You seriously have to make a reservation 60 days in advance, just to get a seat! It was delicious, especially the "monte cristo sandwich. Thanks Tuggle family for the great recommendation! Here Chelsea is being, well, Chelsea!

First half of the family

and the second half





All Ariana wanted to do was visit her idol Minnie Mouse.





My nephew crashed back at the house. He looked so uncomfortable, so we straightened him out and he went right back to this position.


We had an awesome time at Newport Beach and of course had some people, who shall remain nameless (Chelsea and Kolena) that didn't put on their sunscreen and after four hours at the beach learned what extreme pain is!










We had such a blast together and have already started planning next year, San Diego here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Miss Kris said...

What a fun vacation! It makes me wish I was in Southern California right now! We miss your family, and I especially miss your girls in Young Womens. Tell them hi for me!

hillari said...

That looks like an absolutely fabulous time! I can't believe you did Goofy's Kitchen and The Blue Bayou in the same trip--that's expensive! We've never done Goofy's Kitchen, is it worth it?
That house looks so fun--what great parents you have!

Amy O'Neill said...

I am so jealous!! What a fun vacation and family reunion!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun. Who ever said beaches and more beaches weren't fun!

The Dominguez Family said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had an awesome time... The beach and disneyland are my favorite vacations!