Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was full of many activities for our family. Saturday we went to a park up north for my Mom's family. We had a blast and the girls got to participate in an easter egg hunt with many of their cousins. That night we had the opportunity to go to the Phoenix Coyotes game as a family (courtesy of David's work). The girls had a blast and soon realized that it is freezing at a hockeye game. Cherish was so cute and made her own coyote banner, which she proudly displayed many times during the game. We saw an awesome fight (I am not one for violence, but it was pretty exciting!) Cherish said the fight was awesome! Of course the coyote player knocked the other guy to the ground and the crowd went wild. Easter morning the Easter Bunny came and brought the younger girls all kinds of Hannah Montana stuff, which they love so much. The older girls are now my assistants, but of course they have to have a basket. I have seen so many beautiful pictures of friends and family with their kids all dressed up for Easter Sunday. I have been so good in the past at dressing up my girls to match, but with a teenager and pre-teen it is impossible. The girls had another egg hunt at my parents house Sunday and Papa had a special money egg for each of the grandkids. He put $10 in coins in each one. Savannah and Ciera think they are rich!

5 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

I am not one for violence either but the fights are the best part of hockey! ;) Sounds like you had a fun Easter weekend. I like the pic of your family in Nauvoo.

Kandice and Rob said...

I love the Nauvoo picture, too, and it matches your background! Bonus

kara said...

Charlene, ALL of your girls looked so beautiful on sunday. How do you do it?
Your blog looks great. I just started one too jkboonefamily.blogspot.com
I'm so sad we are moving from the ward so I was very happy to discover blogging now I feel like I can keep in touch a little better with all the great people in this ward.

Melissa Brown said...

I found your blog through Amy O'neill's. Very cool to read about you guys! That's a great picture of you guys in front of the Navoo temple. Feel free to check out our blog. melissaandadam.blogspot.com

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

I love the title of your blog...that is super funny! One man's survival... :) Thanks for sharing this link with me. Blogging is turning out to be so fun!