Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Beloved Wife, Mother and Grandmother

On April 8th my mother-in-law passed away. It was very sudden and unexpected. She had not been feeling well about a month prior. She had just stayed with us for almost a week and then went down to Mexico to visit family. My father-in-law called my sister-in-laws and told them something was wrong, so they quickly flew her back to Michigan to see her doctor. On Saturday April 5th they called to say that they had found a brain tumor. They did emergency surgery Sunday and early Tuesday morning. Tuesday evening she passed away and returned home to our Heavenly Father. The doctors said she had what they call a butterfly tumor, which is one of the most rapid growing tumors. David was able to make it in time to say his final goodbye. The girls and I flew into Michigan on Thursday the 10th. The funeral was beautiful and you felt so spiritually uplifted. She was the strength of the family and her testimony of the gospel was unshakeable. Our mother was a pillar of strength. She had tremendous faith, which held strong through her conversion to any trial she faced. In the words of my brother-in-law Jorge, she was our firm foundation. She will be sorely missed, but we know our Heavenly Father needed her at this time to continue with her mission.

2 comments:

Melissa Brown said...

Chelsea told me a little bit but I didn't know how sudden it was. that is good that David got to say goodbye. My uncle was diagnosed witha brain tumor when I was 18 and he died less than a month after. He left behind 6 kids under 18. It was very sad. Thanks goodness for our knowledge of the plan of salvation.

Kandice and Rob said...

I hope things will get better. It's nice that you both have awesome families & that you're so close, especially in times like this, huh. I'm glad you guys made it back OK!