Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Grandpa

I know I have talked to some of you already, but I thought I would just post an update on my Grandpa. As you know my Grandpa had a massive stroke the end of July. He was in the Mayo Clinic and then was moved to a care facility. During this time he has progressively gotten worse. He was moved into hospice on Saturday. He is now at peace and the nurses are keeping him comfortable. He is such a wonderful man and I can honestly say I never saw him mad. He always had something good to say about someone else. He truly lives a Christ like life. We have been by his bedside continually and this afternoon my children, my four nieces and some of my other cousins and I had the opportunity to sit by his bedside and sing primary song after primary song. We were all in tears, including my grandfather. We have had some good discussions and I know that he is at peace and knows that he has a Father in Heaven who loves him very much. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and I know that this is not a goodbye, but a see you later. This is not easy in no way, but I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we have that gives us peace and comfort.

1 comments:

The West Family said...

Charlene,
Just talking to you today, I know that you have found that peace and comfort in know that Grandpa is going to be fine. Your Mom feels the same way and it will be okay. The fact that he has left a special mark on your heart will keep his memory forever in your world. Bless your family during this time. We love you- The West's