Monday, September 15, 2008

Saturday Night with the D-Backs!

Saturday night we had the opportunity to go to the Diamondbacks game as a family (courtesy of David's work). We were able to sit in section 139, which is down near left field. The girls had fun for the first inning, but soon realized how boring baseball games can be (sorry the girls and I are not die-hard fans). The game was tied in the 9th inning, so we went into a tenth inning. By this time we had been there for over four hours.



Cherish went in the "ancient" colors of purple and black.


At the end of the game we were treated to a concert by Jessica Simpson. She really does have a beautiful voice, but the sound system was horrible, so the girls were ready to go after a few songs. We also had to pick up Chelsea, who opted to go to the youth dance instead of the game.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daryl and I are with ya on baseball being kind of boring. I just read my cousins blog and he and his wife were there too and said the concert wasn't very good and they left too.

Kandice and Rob said...

Ten innings! It makes me tired to think about it. I like going to the games, but a couple of well-times walks around the concourse are the only way I can survive an *entire* game. You guys are troopers! Cute pictures.

Laurie Ramirez said...

We were there, too! We left in the 8th inning because Caden wasn't feeling too well. You got some good pictures! Your camera gets CLOSE up!

Brandi Jo said...

How fun... seems like everyone was at the game! :-)

The West Family said...

My girls wanted to go to that one so bad. We had to settle for a few days later.

john and steph said...

Hi Charlene,
It is so fun to find people through blogging. Hope you don't mind me see what is happening with your family. I can't believe how much the girls have grown.
Stephanie

Gardner Family said...

Wow! I can't believe someone actually read my blog. You get the "First Reader of my Little Blog" Award. I'll bring over cookies when we're on that side of town (like we are really that far away). But it was soooo great to see pics of your fam. Everyone is looking so grown up and beautiful. Say hi to your hubby. Miss everyone down there!