Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fifteen Years Ago Today

Fifteen years ago today I became a mother for the very first time. Chelsea Marie Olivas was born at 5:05pm weighing in at 5 lbs 6 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was such a tiny little baby, she was actually three weeks early because I had toxemia and my blood pressure was getting too high, so the doctor decided to induce labor. It just so happens that he decided to do it on my first anniversay. Let's just say giving birth wasn't exactly how I had pictured celebrating my first anniversary. We were so blessed on that day to receive such a special little girl from our Father in Heaven. She has been a great joy in our home and we are so very proud of the beautiful young woman she has become. Happy Birthday Chelsea! We love you very much!


I was pregnant with Cherish in this picture, Chelsea was so excited that she was going to be a big sister.

Chelsea and her first love Winnie the Pooh! (jk)





Chelsea has a great love for soccer. She played on her first team the "Scorpions" with her friend Melissa Lowry. Melissa's dad Richard Lowry was her coach. She played this year on the Junior Varsity team for Tolleson High School and loved every minute of it, besides the injuries she suffered. She looks forward to playing again this next school year.



Happy Birthday to a wonderful daughter, who is beautiful on the inside and out...

3 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

I love seeing her old pictures! I hope she had a great birthday.

Krystal said...

none of you have changed a bit (except chelsea of course!)

Georgia said...

I love seeing all the old pictures! happy birthday to Chelsea! We hope she has a great year!